Sunday, November 08, 2009

2009 Race for the Water 10 Miler and Pre Race Run

I got up early this AM to meet Brian for the Gazelle Run for the Water which is the race for Gilbert's foundation. It has become one of the my favorite races of the year and very popular here in Austin. The beneficiary is a great cause and it is great to see Gilbert be very successful with this race.

We started the morning with a 6 mile out and back on the trail. The trail was barren and kind of spooky with the fog. It was a kind of warm, humid morning which sucks for racing. We took about 55 minutes and were back in time to change, hit the potties, and take in some nutrition and fluids. The 10 mile race went OK for me. I was starting to feel tired by mile 4 and we still had some hills left. I just kept pacing and got through it. Once we got out of the hills and onto Lake Austin Boulevard I picked it up a bit. I actually ran the first and last mile at the same pace, 7:47. Everyone seemed to have a good day which was great. I definitely have some work ahead of me if I have any chance of running an 8:00 pace for the marathon in February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home