Saturday, November 21, 2009

Trip to Mt. Bonnell

Today I attempted to run 14 miles round trip to Mt. Bonnell and back. I felt good for the first couple of miles on the trail, but my toe pain caused me to shift my gait a bit. I started to feel it through the scenic portion of the run and my running mates went ahead of me. I made it to the top of Mt. Bonnell, but the way down really hurt. The pressure of my foot sliding forward and against the shoe really sucked. I had to stop a few times on the way back to stretch my left leg and rotate my ankle. I developed a big blister on my big toe on the same foot as the broken toe. It shows how much I was favoring it. I ran really slow the last 5 miles and finished up on the north side of the trail so I could cut a little mileage. It was a really long day, but I got the miles in. Hopefully I didn't damage the toe more. I may take it really easy this week and see if that helps. I just need to keep my long runs going if I have any hope of running the marathon in February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home