Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Blog Catchup

I have some catching up to do after spending a few days in Dallas last week for the holiday.

Friday - 11/27
I have been resting my broken toe since Monday so today I hit the gym for 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and some weight lifting. I ate and drank too much in Dallas so the 30 minutes was kind of rough, but enough since I have a long run tomorrow.

Saturday - 11/28
The group ran the Grove loop today. My foot felt a lot better after the rest and the soft trail was really good for me. I cut off at the Pfluger bridge with Anne to get to a bit over 10 miles. I felt good, but was a bit fatigued.

Monday - 11/30
I planned to run on the treadmill today, but my trial Mizunos felt weird on my toe after about .25 miles so I switched to the elliptical trainer. I rode for an hour and felt good, but tired. I did some arm weights and called it a day.

Tuesday - 12/1
I can't believe it is already December...about 2.5 months before the Austin marathon and I am nowhere near where I would like to be. I am hoping to just get through the Decker half marathon this Sunday in one piece. For today I met Wish for a run through the Circle C golf course. It was nice and soft on the grass and dirt, but way muddy. We had to stop and clean our shoes off a couple of times. I ran almost 6 miles and felt pretty good. The toe is healing, but still feels weird and a little numb on one side. Hopefully that goes away soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home