Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thundercloud Turkey Trot

Today I ran my first ever Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot. I took yesterday off so I could run hard today. The weather changed for the worse with temps in the high 60s/low 70s and humid as hell. I did a little warmup with Rachel and then lined up in the huge crowd of people. It was nice to see over 12,000 people out there doing something healthy on a day of feasting. It took us 4 minutes to get to the start line and then we were dodging bodies for the first two miles. The course was very hilly and definitely not a good course for many of the casual runners that were out there or the walkers. I ran with Rachel most of the way as we weaved through the crowd. I almost got taken out by a dog in one spot. Overall it was great workout with a little over two weeks to go to the marathon. I know my heart rate was red lining due to the weather and hills.

Race stats - 38:22/7:40 pace
AHR - 155
MHR - 172

Race Splits - 8:13, 7:56, 7:38, 7:23, 7:10 (showed us as .94 miles for mile 5 on my Garmin)

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I know times are uncertain right now, but we all have something to be thankful for...be grateful!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home