Sunday, November 09, 2008

Easy Run and Race for the Water

The crud finally caught up with me and I started feeling like crap yesterday. I almost bagged getting up this morning, but decided to get my miles in and race. I met Brian, Lisa, and Randy at 5:30 for an easy 7 miles on the trail. We ran straight from there up the starting line of The Race for the Water and jumped in right as the gun was going off. I was hoping the easy run would get me to cough up most of the crud in my sinuses, but that didn't happen until I started up some of the hills during the race. Then I felt like I was drowning. I couldn't breathe through my nose which sucks when you are trying to eat a gel or grab a water. I pushed through and felt pretty good. My legs felt great, but my cardio system was working really hard. Last year I blasted the last few miles. This year I was just able to lower my average pace by about 10 seconds. This race was MGP practice and I would say I survived. I wish I would have felt better to go faster, but I think being sick slowed me down to where I should be to practice my MGP for Dallas so mission accomplished.

Just a note, last year doing the race only and healthy I ran a 1:14:06.

Stats - 7 mile warmup - 1:08:11

Race Stats (Tracked the old fashioned way)
10 miles/1:18:27/7:51 pace
Splits - 7:54, 7:52, 8:07, 7:52, 7 :50, 7 :48, 7 :48, 7 :56, 7 :42, 7 :41

Overall - 303/1129
Age Group - 45/109

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home