Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Long Run

I took yesterday off since I am still trying to get rid of this cold I have. I slept in a little which really helped after Thursday's run. It was another muggy morning in Austin. Today's route was Grove which is not my favorite, but not bad since I am still not 100%. I started out with Anne and she dropped off on Riverside before we got to Grove. I thought I someone would catch me at the first water stop and then again after I had to stop for a pee break, but no one came up on me. I was passed by some faster groups and could see a group ahead of me. I stopped for water at the power plant and ate my one Accel Gel. I took off again on my own and had to stop before the HS for a carb adjustment...still on one came up on me. I kept going and finally started to feel the heat the last couple of miles. I was able to carry a nice pace throughout the whole run and even had a sub 8:00 mile in the middle of the run. When I got back I found out that some folks cut across on the Pfluger bridge due to the heat. Anne and Rachel finished a bit after me, but did the whole run which was great. I did a couple of strides and called it a day. Another solid long run. I hope I can keep my goal of sub 8:30 long runs even when we get up to 22 miles.

I was able to finally meet little John Wilson when Brian brought him by in the stroller...a very cute and cool kid!

Stats - 13.36 miles/1:51:05/8:18 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home