Monday, June 01, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me and 15th Marathon Kick Off Day!

Today is my 8th running anniversary! I started my path to healthiness and marathons on 6/1/2001. It has changed my life forever. I have run 14 marathons and finished 13 of them. I have also run numerous half marathons, 10ks, 8ks, 5ks, and even some mile races. I have run 12,983 miles since 6/1/01 which is pretty amazing since I was was way overweight and totally out of shape back then. I have met many people and made great friends along this journey. Thank you all!

Portland Marathon training kickoff
Today is the official first day of training for my 15th marathon. I plan to run the Portland Marathon on 10/4 in Portland, Oregon. I ran my first marathon there 7 years ago. It will be nice to qualify for Boston where I ran my first race. We did a circuit workout today and I felt good. I ran the long warmup and cool down for some good mileage along with some good strength exercises.

Stats - 6.58 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home