Wednesday, June 10, 2009

700s at AHS

I got back to the Gazelles this morning after missing the last two workouts and Saturday's long run. I am feeling better, but am still coughing up stuff. The weather was the worst it has been all summer this morning. I think it was in the high 70s with major humidity. I was having enough issues with my breathing and the think air didn't help at all.

The workout was another weird distance to work on form before we get serious in July. The goal was 6x700 at about 70%. I started out with the lead group, but soon dropped back with Rachel. I just didn't have the wind and my legs were really sore from some soccer drills I did with Caroline yesterday. Note to self: NO more lateral workouts like I did when I was on the basketball and tennis teams in high school. My body is primed to only go forward! Back to the workout, the main group went out way too fast and that was the fastest of the 6. We settled into a nice rhythm for the next 4 and did the last one a little quicker. It was one of those days where you just want to get done in one piece. I ran back with Rachel and Brad and stopped at the gym for weights, stretching and abs on the way home.

Splits -3:05, 3:16, 3:16, 3:18, 3:16, 3:10 - 3:14 average

Stats - 6.73 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home