Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Run with the Palo Alto Run Club

Today I am in San Jose on business so I did a run with the Palo Alto Run Club. I got into San Jose around noon and drove to my hotel. I caught up on some work in the afternoon and then headed over to Palo Alto to meet up with the group. The weather was cool and overcast here and perfect for running...except for a pretty strong wind. I thought they were doing a 5 mile run through the Stanford campus, but I was mistaken. It turned out to be a run they call the Baylands run with is about 7.25 miles long through some neighborhoods and then into a wildlife preserve called the Baylands. The Baylands part reminded me of Minto Brown park in Salem, but without the trees. I didn't really know anyone or the route so I went faster than I wanted to, but not really fast. We hit a couple of really bad patches of these little black bugs. I got one in my eye and the were all over my face and in my hair. YUCK!

My legs were really trashed from yesterday's lunges and Lucy working on them so it was hard to get into a good groove. It was also weird starting a run at 8:15PM Austin time. My body just isn't used to running at that time and with food on-board.

I completed the run OK and actually felt pretty good. I got back to my hotel and stretched and now it's bed time. Tomorrow is definitely a rest day since I have early morning meetings. I will make up the distance on Friday AM.

I am in San Jose next week too, so I will probably join these folks again next week.

Stats - 7.22 miles/1:02:47/8:42 pace (The pace was probably closer to 8:30, but we hit a few stop lights)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home