Saturday, June 07, 2008

Long Run

After a week away to take care of some personal stuff and Emma's graduation, I rejoined the group for our Saturday long run. We are back to the hills of for our long runs and my body felt it today. I haven't gone this long on the street or the hills in a long time. The group was large since all the fall groups are starting up. It was great to see some old friends and training partners from past marathons. The early weeks are always filled with lots of enthusiasm and excitement for the coming training season. As I have said in the past, the best part of doing the marathon is the journey to get there so fun times are ahead of us!

As for the run, it was a bit of a struggle, but I completed the full distance and had a great time along the way with my pace pod. Austin is in the middle of a huge heat wave which really sucks and took its toll today. We finished up with some strides and I called it a day.

Stats - 11.26 miles/1:39:44/8:51 pace
AHR - 139
MHR - 162

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home