Sunday, June 01, 2008

Happy Running Anniversary to Me!!!

I haven't blogged since 4/4...no excuses, just very busy with other aspects of my life. I plan to blog more regularly as I begin preparing for the Dallas marathon in December. The first part of this year has been great for my running. I have been putting in some miles, but working hard when I want to and putting other things before running. I've had a few more beers, margaritas, good food and the funny thing is I have actually lost weight since the marathon in December. People always talk about work/life balance and I have found running/life balance...good stuff!!

Today is my 7 year running anniversary. I I can't believe I have been at it this long. I started walking the hills in Salem, Oregon where we lived back in June of 2001. I was about 65 pounds heavier and could barely walk a mile. I remember stopping at a running store in Portland and buying my first pair of Asics running shoes. I figured they would be tossed in the corner in a matter of weeks, but I changed my life and have never looked back.

I ran 8 miles today to commemorate my anniversary and think of all the people I have met, races I have run, and different cities I have run in. It is humbling to think back on all of it. Through today I have run 11,045 miles...back in June of 2001 I ran 14 miles (I didn't count my walking miles).

Thanks!!!

Stats - 8 miles/1:08:02/8:30 pace
MHR - 165
AHR - 146

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home