Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Marathon Prep

Yesterday I was squeezed for time so I was only able to get in a short run prior to taking the girls to school. It was really hot and humid this AM. Austin is in the middle of a huge heatwave and are having record temps daily with no rain. I was feeling really sluggish after my hard run on Sunday and my awful diet this weekend.

Stats - 4.1 miles/35:57/8:46 pace

Elliptical/Run/Weights -
Today I started my pre-marathon training work. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, ran for 45 minutes on the treadmill, and then worked on my legs and back in the weight area. I am really focusing on strengthening my quads, glutes, and lower back to avoid the problems I always have at the end of marathon season.

Stats - 5.28 miles/45:00/8:31 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home