Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Emma's 5th Grade Graduation

Today my daughter Emma graduated from 5th grade at Clayton Elementary so no running for me. The graduation was a really nice ceremony with comments from our wonderful principal, Dr. Robinett, the lady the school was named after (Nan Clayton), and Mike Warren who is an anchor on the Fox channel here in Austin. He also has a son in Emma's class. They gave words of wisdom like, "smile every day and make someone else smile too." "When you become an adult make sure you have a set of Dr. Seuss books...they will save you $$ on therapy." "Surround yourself with positive people who appreciate you for you." The news anchor told his son and the class, "I don't want you to worry about anything...that's my responsibility." I don't know if the kids got it, but I sure appreciated it!

Needless to say it was an emotional event for me and Carla. It seems like just yesterday that she was a little bundle sleeping on my chest. I flashed back on all the little moments that we have seen with her through the past 11.5 years during the ceremony and also thought about all the things that she will experience going forward. We have been truly blessed with Emma and Caroline. I look forward to the rest of the journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home