Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12/25 - 12/31 Running

Here is a quick recap of my running for the last week of December.

12/25 - Merry Christmas
After seeing what Santa brought the girls and the opening of the presents, Carla and I headed out for an easy stroll on Christmas morning. There is something about Christmas air that is fresher, cleaner and more special than other days. It was a nice run with my beautiful wife!

Stats - 4.55 miles/49:20/10:50 pace

12/27 - First Austin Marathon Long Run
I know it has only been two weeks since the Dallas debacle, but I decided to run the full 20 miles with the Austin group today. I ran with Brian, Randy, and a three other ladies that I haven't met before. I know one of them, Beth, is running the Austin marathon. The conditions were just like Dallas, (warm, humid, windy) so I struggled all morning. My diet has been poor, and I wasn't hydrated correctly for this effort. I also forgot my Garmin so I was just running with my Timex which was a bit unnerving for me. I survived the 20.55 miles, but was totally spent and felt like garbage the rest of the day.

Stats - 20.55 miles/3:04:43/8:59 pace

12/30
I took an extra day off on Monday to paint and re-arrange my home office. It turned out great thanks to Carla! This morning I met Rachel and Brian for a loop on the Lady Bird Lake Trail. We had a nice run and I feel really good. I have been doing more core work including planks and some exercises to keep my back loose. Hopefully this will help keep my back from being a factor as I train for the Austin Marthon.

Stats - 6.88 miles/1:02:35/9:05 pace

12/31
Today I met a small group for the first ever Austin Loop the Lake for Marathon Kids. There were 9 of us that made a small contribution to Marathon Kids. It is a great program that both of my daughters have participated in. I think it is an annual New Year's Eve Day event so I look forward to running this every year. We did 7 miles and had a great time with our discussions.

Stats - 6.91 miles/1:02:25/9:02 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home