Sunday, December 21, 2008

Post Race Recovery Week 1 - 12/15 - 12/21/08

I took it really easy this week and had some fun at a couple of holiday parties. By Tuesday I was itching to redeem myself and not waste the work that I have done this past summer and fall. I am considering running the Austin marathon this year. Those that know me know I am not a fan of the race given its hilly course and because we used to have an awesome course prior to 2007. For now no concrete decisions, but I am leaning towards running it this year.

As for this week, I took Monday, Tuesday, and Friday off. On Wednesday and Saturday I ran with Carla to help her get ready for the 3M Half Marathon Relay. On Thursday I did 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer and did some weights for my upper body. Today I hit the gym where I ran on the treadmill, did some ab work, and stretched. One of the things I can do between now and a potential mid-February race is work on my core. I am going to take advantage of that time.

Wednesday Stats - 4.58 miles/52:35/11:29 pace

Friday Stats - 3.11 miles/35:09/11:18 pace

Sunday Stats - 5.3 miles/46:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home