Monday, January 05, 2009

Hard Run in the Cold

Today I skipped the Gazelle workout for some work on the road. I haven't done anything to tax my system except for the long runs on the 27th and 3rd. The weather was 35 degrees, drizzly, and some wind out of the north. What a change from our warm, humid, Saturday run. I was only going to do an easy 7 miles, but I started out with a couple of 8:27 miles and then stayed kicked it up for my 8 mile route in SW Austin. The nice part is that my fastest miles were on the return trip which is all up hill.

Mile 3-8 splits - 8:19, 8:07, 8:03, 8:18, 7:59, 8:07

I felt really good when I got home and did some basic stretching. I have knocked a couple of the pounds off that I gained over the break. I still have a few to go, but will really be watching what I eat over the next month.

Stats - 8.03 miles/1:06:05/8:13 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home