Saturday, April 18, 2009

4/13 - 4/19 Workout Summary

Monday, April 13 - Treadmill Run and Weights
I hit the treadmill for my cardio workout and then hit the weights. I also did some ab work and stretched.
Stats - 6.11 miles/51:00/8:21 pace

Tuesday, April 14 - Recovery Run Through Circle C
Today was another "over the river and through the woods" run with Wish. We run through some woods and the Circle C golf course on this run. It really slows me down, but kind of nice to see some new terrain.
Stats - 8.75 miles/1:17:56/8:54 pace

Wednesday, April 15 - 800s at Arbor Trail
I wanted to get some speed work in this week since my next race is in about 10 days. I did 6x800 at Arbor Trail. I ran a little faster than two weeks averaging about a second faster. I felt pretty good. Splits - 3:31, 3:35, 3:31, 3:34, 3:35, 3:27
Stats - 7 miles/57:59/8:17 overall pace

Thursday, April 16 - Recovery Run
I ran a shorter recovery run today with couple of loops around the park and then some additional mileage in the neighborhood.
Stats - 7.01 miles/1:01:10/8:43 pace

Friday, April 17 - Crosstrain/Weights
There were big thunderstorms hitting Austin this morning so I cut my workout short to avoid any potential hail. I rode the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes, lifted weights, and did my abs and stretching at home.

Saturday, April 18 - Medium, Hard Run
Today I did what I haven't done in a long time. I think I have slept-in two Saturdays in the last year. The forecasters predicted big storms for Saturday morning so I just turned off the alarm. I got a little extra sleep and hit the roads around 9AM. I decided to run 10 miles and run faster than I have the fast few Saturdays. I ran north on Escarpment to William Cannon, turned around to Convict Hill, left to Beckett to Slaughter, right to Slaughter, left to highway 45, and back home. It was a hilly, but great workout and I ran it well.
Stats - 10.01 miles/1:21:14/8:07 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home