Saturday, June 20, 2009

First Visit to "Mountain Bonnell" this Season

Today we made our first visit to Mt. Bonnell of the fall season. I haven't slept too well the last two nights so I didn't know what to expect today. I think I am used to the heat now, but lack of sleep just plain sucks. I started out with my group and we started out slower than we have been going. I tried to push the pace a little, but wasn't feeling up to it. We were able to get by "Wicki" on Pecos and head on up to Mt. Bonnell. I went up pretty slow and it was the slowest mile of the 14 at 9:32. I got water at the top and headed down. I left my mates and was on my own most of the rest of the run. I ran with Paul (bearded guy) and Mike Andrus for a bit and chased Alex for the last few miles. Although my pace was below my goal of 8:30 for long runs this summer, I ran a nice negative split and ran my fastest miles at the end. Miles 11 - 14 were 8:25, 8:08, 8:20, and 8:13 for the last .93 miles.

I had to run off to get to the girl's swim meet so I skipped the strides and stretching. I am definitely paying for it now with some major soreness.

Stats - 13.92 miles/2:00:09/8:37 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home