Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rants and Raves for 3/25/09



  • Congrats to Valerie Bertinelli for losing 50 pounds and getting back into her bikini. She was on a poster in my room as a teen and she looks great at 48. It shows what hard work and diet can do for you.
  • Props to my Arizona Wildcats for making the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament. I thought they would beat Utah, but what a great surprise to play Cleveland State in the second round instead of Wake Forest. Here is hoping they can continue the magic against Louisville on Friday night. Bear Down!
  • Snakes...not a fan. As I mentioned in my post yesterday it is spring in Austin and that means snakes coming out. Our neighbor had a huge rat snake in their backyard...not cool. Hopefully they stay away from my yard!
  • I have been a huge ER fan since the show started in 1994. This season has been great with all of the old characters coming back for cameo appearances. You watch a show for that long and think about what has transpired in your own life during the same amount of time...good times!
  • More TV...for those of you that don't watch Friday Night Lights you are missing out. This is a great show filmed right here in Austin. This is in its third season and the best on so far.
  • Movies...I read that Zac Effron pulled out of the Footloose remake. I hope the whole film goes away. That movie is a classic and is one of my favorite genre flicks. You just don't remake a good flick like that. Willie Wonka was a classic from when I was a kid and the Johnny Depp version was just plain scary.
  • Political comment of the week: Republicans need to start coming up with some new ideas to help out our country other than hoping that President Obama and his policies fail. What a crappy strategy. You don't have anything of your own to share so you sit on the sidelines and bitch. Too bad all these politicians don't work for real companies where an attitude like that will get your butt thrown to the curb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home