Friday, November 26, 2004

Extra Rest and Thanksgiving

My foot was hurting all day on Tuesday after the 1000 workout. It was a dull pain in the ball of my foot like I was stepping on a tack. I decided to take Wednesday off and see how it felt then. Wednesday came and the pain was still there when I walked so I decided to rest in hopes of completing the 20 miler on Saturday.

My friend John came in from Houston for Thanksgiving. We also had my sister in law, niece and nephew, and the Dikkoli family over for dinner. It was a lot of fun having a big crowd over. It made not being with my family a bit more easier. I always miss Thanksgiving with my family in Arizona. I have so many good memories of Thanksgiving...many funny times! I ate way too much and felt sick after the meal. My body needed to run.

On Friday, we went to the UT/A&M game. It was a wonderful experience. Although I didn't go to UT, I am becoming a huge fan. College football is great and an awesome rivalry game like this one is one of the classics. I have been to many Arizona vs. ASU games as well as a USC vs. UCLA game, but this one was the most intense that I have ever been to. I hate A&M so I fit in quite well. Texas won 26-13 and the game wasn't that close at all. I hope things work out for UT to get into one of the BCS bowls. They are one of the best teams in the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home