Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Cross-Training and Weights...What a Concept!

Due to work getting in the way of my morning run, I actually did some cross-training and weight lifting at lunch time today. I got to the club early and it was a good thing. The thinning of the new year's resolution folks has not yet occurred...good for those folks. I jumped on the eliptical trainer for 30 minutes on level 14, covered a little over 3 miles, and over 500 calories.

I then did the following weight related activities which thoroughly tired me out. I dropped what was left of my weak weight program before Christmas.
  • 3 sets of 10 leg crunches in the Roman chair
  • 3 sets of 10 leg extensions (quads) (40 lbs)
  • 2 sets of 10 back raises
  • 3 sets of 10 chest press (40 lbs)
  • 3 sets of 10 pull downs (50 lbs)
  • 2 sets of 20 ab machine (40 lbs)
  • 2 sets of 10 calf raises in each leg position: neutral, heels together, toes together (60lbs)

Hopefully I can do this at least twice a week on Wednesdays and Fridays. I think my new "off-season" schedule will be run M/T/TH/S - XT and weights on W/F and completely rest on Sunday. Hopefully this will allow me to strengthen and stay injury free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home