Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Last Speed Workout Before Freescale

Today was our last semi-hard workout before the big day. The weather was cool and overcast with temps in the 50s. Today would have been a perfect day for the marathon. We ran over to the Zilker soccer field and had a few choices...three 1000s with rest, a single 3000 or two laps equaling a 4000. We were supposed to run at marathon pace. A few of us chose the two laps. I ran with Marci and we ran a bit faster than marathon pace. It felt really good to get out run hard. We averaged 7:42 pace and I don't think it will hurt me for the race. I wasn't stressing to run this pace, so hopefully 8:00 will seem easy on Sunday. We jogged back and did part of our stretching routine at the RunTex.

Only 5 days until the race and only one workout left other than our short jog on Saturday. I am feeling great, but am very eager to get out there. I am kind of "bitchy" and can't concentrate at work. I wish I could take this whole week off. I tried to get most of my hard work done early this week so I can skate the back half of the week. Carla is being a real trooper trying to minimize my stress and give me my space. I owe her big once this is over.

The plan is to leave early on Friday and hit the expo. I am going to rest all day Saturday after the short jog and stretching. My big mistake from NYC was walking around Manhattan the day before. I know I going to be antsy, but I am going to sit on my ass!

The weather forecast keeps changing. They are forecasting warmer than usual with some possible rain. Even the guy on KXAN said we won't have the race time weather locked down until Thursday or Friday. I just hope it's in the 50s with no humidity and cloudy. I wouldn't even mind a little rain.

I am starting to ramble, so off to finish watching the Amazing Race...I would love to be on that show!

Speed workout info - 2.47 Miles/19:02/7:42 pace
Total Mileage - 5.9 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home