Monday, February 14, 2005

Post Marathon Day

I am still working on my race report, but wanted to keep up to date on my post race happenings. Today feels like the day after Christmas for me. It always feels that way for me. I have been so focused on the race since I crossed the finish line at NYC that it's hard not to have a let down. Luckily for me I have my 40th birthday and my trip home to Phoenix to look forward to in two weeks.

Physically, feel like a truck hit me. I guess that means that I truly did leave most of it out on the course yesterday. My quads are hurting, my right big toe is bruised, and I have a sizeable blister on my second toe.

I went for a 45 minute, almost 3 mile walk today. I tried to run, but couldn't. My legs felt better afterwards. I went to see Lucy this afternoon and she worked out many of the kinks.

Carla surprised me with some lovely heart shaped, crab-stuffed ravioli for dinner and we had a very nice dinner for Valentine's day. I am off to bed early and back to reality at work tomorrow.

I am already looking forward to running this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home