Thursday, February 10, 2005

Easy Fartleks

Today was a really easy workout...probably just enough to get some nervous energy out. I really slept like crap last night. I didn't dream or anything, but just kept waking up. The weather was kind of cold so I wore tights, two layers on top, a hat, and gloves. We ran a two mile warm-up to the foot bridge and back and then did 12 thirty second on and 15 second off fartleks on the trail from the zero mile marker to the 1/4 mile marker. My legs felt a bit sluggish and I was overall sluggish, but I guess that's par for the course at this stage of the taper.

My left knee is tight tonight...feels like the IT band. I think it's just weird pre-race pains. I have gained a couple of pounds this week, but have been eating a lot of healthy carbs. I have to really watch what I eat tomorrow and Saturday. Tomorrow is expo day and after stretching on Saturday, I am going to sit all day long.

I plan to have a break through day both physically and mentally on Sunday. I have to get past the pain and tiredness, and really push through it all. I have to get past the demons of the out and back and the last 6.2 miles. I have faith in my training efforts since NYC and know Sunday will turn out positive. My only worry is the weather...I hope it cooperates!

Freescale goals: High - 3:25 - Gilbert's prediction, medium 3:30, Low 3:35

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home