Saturday, February 26, 2005

Saturday Medium Run in Circle C

Today I met and ran with Brom Hoban. Brom writes the weekly running article in the Austin American Statesman and does some work with RunTex and their web site. It turns out we are neighbors. The weather was cold and rainy...very much like the rain in Oregon. It was refreshing to get out and run in it. Brom took me on a tour of Circle C running some of my usual courses with some additional mileage to get us to 8 miles. We started out really slow, had some miles in the 8 minute range and then slowed at the end. It was very interesting to run with someone who really knows running and has run sub 3:00 marathons. As someone who has only been running for 3+ years, I learned there is still room for much more imrovement in my results. It was a really enjoyable run.

After the run, I found out that Emma's game got cancelled so I jumped in the jeep and met the group for stretching and group pictures. It was great to see everyone again. It's only been two weeks since the marathon, but it seems longer.

Stats - 8.3 Miles/1:18:25/9:27 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home