Saturday, March 19, 2005

3 Different Runs Equals My Goal Mileage +

Today I set out to do 10 miles and ended up with a bit more with 3 separate runs. I met some of the Gazelles at RunTex to run the Cap 10k course. I wanted to run it pretty quick to see how the course was and how I can manage it in two weeks. I showed up with a long sleeve shirt on and knew I was in trouble. It was warmer than I thought and got warmer through the run. The first half of the course seemed to be harder than the back half so that is good to know. Once we got back to the rock we went on the south side of the trail. I really picked it up the last 3 miles and it felt really good. I went 6:55 and 6:53 the last two miles...awesome!

Stats - 6.54 Miles/51:24/7:51 pace

Second run - I met up with Patrick, Diana and Jan for a cool down run. Diana and I peeled off at the Pfluger bridge to run on the north side of the lake. We went a bit past the Congress bridge and then back to RunTex for stretching

Stats - 3.3 miles/28:25/8:37 Pace

Third run - when I got home I decided to run with Emma to Caroline's soccer game. We did some Galloway type things running 1 minute and then walking one minute. She seemed to do ok with way. I need to get her out more so she can build up to doing a 5k race in the next few years. It was great to be with her and talk and do a little coaching. She is growing up so fast.

Stats - 1.69 Miles/22:17/13:14 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home