Monday, July 04, 2005

Silicon Labs Marathon Relay

After getting in two hours late last night and not being able to fall asleep, I woke up at 5 to get to the Silicon Labs Marathon Relay. This is a first time event here in Austin and I put together a team of friends from the Gazelles. We called ourselves "The Gazelle 5" - the team included me, Jay, Jan, Patrick, and Amy. Each of us ran a leg - 12k, 10k, 5k, 10k, and 5k. It was a warm morning with some clouds, but it got really hot for the last two legs (Patrick and Jay). Carla and the girls went with me so it was an extra special day for me. They usually only come to the marathons, but not the smaller races. Jan brought a cool canopy tent so we set that up and arranged all the coolers of drinks and food...what a team effort!

I went off first and ran the 12k. The course was mile 18 - 21.5 of the Freescale marathon course. It was nice to run it feeling good since I have never run that area feeling good in February. I wanted to run about a 7:15 pace, but was tired from my trip to Phoenix as well as not feeling too well. I ended up running a 56:04 which was a 7:30 pace. I was happy with my effort since it was so hot. It was also a great workout to replace my usual Monday pace run.

The rest of the team did awesome as well...especially in the heat. We ended up coming in 13th pace out of 119 teams in the mixed open division. This event will be on my yearly running calendar. It was a great day to celebrate our passion for running and our independence with good friends.

Stats - 7.47 miles/56:04/7:30 pace

Splits - Mile 1 - 7:10, Mile 2 - 7:14, Mile 3 - 8:27, Mile 4 - 7:08, Mile 5 - 7:45, Mile 6 - 7:44, Mile 7 - 7:33, Mile 7.47 - 6:49 (pace)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home