Friday, January 06, 2006

Easy 4 Miles in the Hood

I was going to stick to my two day rest period before a really long race strategy, but I had to get out and redeem myself after feeling so crappy on Wednesday. I stayed up lating watching the Longhorns win the National Championship on Wednesday night and slept in yesterday. I am still trying to shake the bronchitis along the annual Cedar Fever.

So today I felt guilty and went for a run. I just wanted to get the legs moving and get some air into my lungs. I was going at a pretty decent pace when I ran into Bob Wischnia on my return portion of the out and back. We chatted for a few minutes and I forgot to turn my watch off...no biggie. Bob is just coming back after falling through the roof at RunTex. I guess he cracked a bone in his neck and is out for the race on Sunday and possibly 3M and Freescale. He said he was lucky he landed on his feet or it could have been a lot worse. It's too bad he got hurt since he was having an awesome season.

I finished up my 4 miles and did 2x50 ab crunches and then headed to work. I felt a lot better, but know it will be a couple of more weeks before I am 100%. I have 6 weeks until the marathon and as long as I can finish on Sunday, I should be still on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home