Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Fartleks on the Trail

Today I joined the Gazelles for the first time in two weeks. It was good to be back, but I knew I wasn't ready for a really strong workout. I didn't sleep good due to my cough and I was tired from my run yesterday.

I decided to join Jay's group for the workout. There were a lot of folks there including some sandbaggers that I trained with this summer for Chicago. We did a two mile/20 minute warmup and then did 1 minute on/1 minute off x 15. The group took turns running up front, but I passed because I could barely keep up with the pack. I did my best and finished with the group at Auditorium shores. G told everyone to do a one mile cool down, but I was shot and headed home. I originally planned to head to work, but I was not feeling good after the workout. I headed hope did a bit of stretching, grabbed a shower, and went back to bed for a few hours.

I feel better this afternoon and am ready to cheer for the Longhorns in the big game tonight against USC. Hopefully I can get a good night's sleep tonight and head to work in the morning.

Stats - 7 miles/1:02:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home