Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Recap - Happy New Year!

2006 was another really good running year for me. I didn't have any major injuries which was great. I did have some minor injuries that I had to deal with, but they didn't really cut into my mileage. I continue to train with Gilbert's Gazelles and G continues to challenge me and make the workouts interesting. I also trained with some really great folks who have have become good friends to add to my already awesome list of people I have met through running.

2006 Highlights
  • I PR'd both of my marathons this year, Freescale and Chicago with 3:24:59 now my marathon PR. That time is 9:28 faster than I was sitting at this time last year.
  • I had PRs in the mile, 12k, 10 miles, half marathon, 20 miles, and marathon
  • I ran 1950.12 miles this year, up over 110 miles from last year. I averaged 162.51 miles a month and 37.5 miles a week.
  • I ran in 15 races and won the Clydesdale division at the River City 10 Miler and the Bun Run 5k
  • Average finish in the races I really raced (not just ran to run) was 12%; up 2% from last year.
  • I did a search at www.marathonguide.com and was the fastest marathoner with the last name Varela in 2006
2007 Goals
  • Stay healthy
  • Run over 2000 miles
  • Run two marathons and continue to try and reach 3:20
  • Continue to enjoy running...don't focus too much on the BQ time
  • Be more flexible with my workouts; get more balance with family and work
  • Crack 20:00 in the 5k
  • Continue to introduce my daughters to the joys of running
  • Lift weights more and work on my core strength
I want to wish everyone a happy, safe, and prosperous new year. May your hopes and dreams for 2007 come true!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Happy New Year to you Frank. You had an excellent running year, I am pretty damn impressed!!!!

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog...it's nice to have a fellow Gazelle read it.

One of my goals for 2007: get to know some of my fellow Gazelles better, you included.

I'll be starting up officially with Gazelles pretty soon, I'll see you out there!

Mike

January 02, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Wow--congrats on your achievements this year Frank! I'll continue to chase you!!!

January 03, 2007 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home