Monday, December 18, 2006

2/8 Pace Run on the Trail

Today was a scheduled pace run. I met Marcy at 5:30 so I could get back for a 7AM conference call. We thought the plan was to do a 2/8 so we started out on the dam loop headed east for a two mile warmup and then the 8 mile pace run. The folks that started later only had to do a 3/5 run, but oh well. We covered the two miles in 19:48/9:54 pace which was good. I am still feeling the effects of too much food and beverages this weekend so I didn't know what to expect when we took off for the pace part. I've gained a few lbs and felt like I was carrying a kid in front of me. We took off and just ran how we felt. I promised Marcy I would stick with her and that wasn't a problem at all. I was having some issues keeping up with her. The first few miles were in the low 8:00 range and we dropped into the high 7:00 range after the mid way point. We stopped at the Rock for some water and Marcy decided to do the rest as a cool down. I was thinking the same thing, but looked at my watch and had 17 minutes to get back to my car and on the phone. I took off and did the last two miles in the 7:40 range. The run was definitely off my summer times, but I am not anywhere near the shape I was in now.

I did some light stretching during my call and that was it. I felt a lot better after the run and my legs felt good except for the nagging hip thing, but that seems to be going away.

Stats - 10.19 miles
8 Mile pace run - 1:04:19/8:02 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home