Monday, February 19, 2007

What's Next?

After a good night's rest I get to relax today before I start my new job at Sun Microsystems tomorrow. I know I mentioned not being prepared for my race yesterday. I have also had some work stress all through this training period that had an affect on my training. My new job has taken that stress away and I am very excited to get started.

My next marathon and BQ attempt will be the 2007 Chicago marathon. To prepare for that race I need to fix a few things with my body before we start training in June.
  • Take 3-4 weeks off and let my body really heal; I didn't take enough time off after Chicago
  • Fix my back by rebuilding my core strength
  • Strengthen my whole body with a rigorous weight training program
  • Get back to 195 pounds before we start the training in June
I also want to break 20:00 at the Bun Run and PR again at the Indy Half marathon in May.

I want to thank my family, the Gazelles, and Gilbert for all their support. I couldn't enjoy running as much as I do without you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home