Monday, February 05, 2007

Wilke...Sort Of

Someone in the marathon group suggested a last run at Wilke and G decided it was a good idea. We've never done it this late in our training so I was a little leery. My groin is still not 100%, butg I decided to jog over with the crew and take it easy on the mountain. I figured I would at least get close to 6 miles in if I didn't do any climbs. We jogged over from RunTex, did our drills and were told to go really easy. I started up with Brian and Jay and stopped at about 3/4 of the way up. I could feel my groin pulling so I walked up and jogged back down. I did a couple more like that and then tried to do some backward. Once I hit the steep part I could feel it again so I called it a day. I visited with Kenny and waited for the gang to finish. I had a nice jog back with Jay, Rachel, Brian and Colleen. We had a few good laughs along the way.

I hit the chiropractor this morning and he did a few tweaks to align me and get the nerve to the groin area going again. I have one more appt next week before the race to get straightened. I bought some compression shorts that I will try for our workouts this week to see if it helps stabilize the area as well.

Stats - 6.5 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home