Saturday, March 17, 2007

Long Run - Happy St. Patrick's Day

This morning I met Alex, Rich, Jan and Brad for a combo long run. We wanted to run the Cap 10K course and then add some mileage after to get to around 12-13 miles. A little cool front blew through so it was in the high 40s. I had on a long sleeve shirt, but didn't need anything else. We are starting to get into our spring weather which is 70s-80s and in the 60s and humid in the AM. We headed up Congress and ran a really slow first mile. We kind of separated from Jan and Brad along 15th, but regrouped for some potty breaks on Enfield and MoPac. Jan and Brad split off from us at RunTex Lake Austin and we headed onto the Scenic Loop. We were still going pretty slow. My legs were tired and Alex was still feeling the after effects of rehearsal night for his sister's wedding. We were hurting for water since we were at almost 6 miles and found some near the Hula Hut. We finished the scenic part and headed back on Pecos. We hit another water stop at O'Henry and headed home. It was the longest I've run since the marathon and I was pooped. I haven't been sleeping well so I think that was part of it. The group was already stretching so I headed home.

Stats - 12.55 miles/1:54:08/9:05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home