Wednesday, March 19, 2008

1000s at AHS

Today I met the group for 1000s at AHS. I haven't done any track work this year so I didn't know what to expect. A cold front blew through last night so it was in the high 40s with a bit of a wind. We did our drills and then were off. I ran with Carrie, Anne, and Marcy...just like old times! I was way behind Carrie on all 5 repeats, but only a bit behind Anne. On the 5th one I was able to hang with Carrie the whole way and finished a second or two behind her. She is in her "taper" for the Iron Man in Arizona so she is in great shape. I followed the 5x1000 with 3x200 with Marcy and Anne. My splits weren't too bad and the average was actually a second faster than exactly a year ago. I guess my running at home hasn't left me too out of shape. I ran back with Larry and Alicia and caught up with them. It has been a long time and it is great to see everyone!

Splits - 4:21, 4:18, 4:22, 4:18, 4:08
Average - 4:17

Stats - 8.47 miles

1 Comments:

Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Welcome Back Frank!! It did have a familiar ring of "old times" to it...very comforting indeed!

March 19, 2008 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home