Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mi Familia


My Mom sent me this picture last night. Our extended family has had a rough year with a couple of deaths and some other issues. This picture from the Christmas of 1968 brought back some very good memories. The Varelas used to get together every Christmas eve in El Paso. We drove from Phoenix every year until I was about 14. My grandmother passed away in 1979 and those of us that lived outside of El Paso didn't come back as often. The family still gets together every Christmas eve, but the group is a lot smaller since many of the cousins moved away. Anyway, 1968 was a much simpler time for all of us. My family is lucky that only 5 of the people in the picture are no longer with us. Although we are spread across the country, we are still close in spirit and have many great memories to fall back on.

Viva La Familia Varela!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home