Monday, July 07, 2008

Spring Creek Hill

Today I officially begin my serious training for the 2008 Dallas Marathon. I have been watching the US Olympic Track and Field and the Swimming Trials for the past week and am totally motivated by those athletes. I really enjoyed watching my fellow Arizona Alum, Bernard Lagat, win the 1500. I am also very happy Leo Manzano from UT got 2nd in the same race to advance to Beijing. Dara Torres is representing my age group well in swimming...very cool!!

Anyway, today I woke up really motivated to get my ass in shape for my next marathon. I met the group at Runtex for a 2 mile jog to the Spring Creek hill. We did our drills and then started with two sets of 3 attacks on the hill from varying distances. We finished with 3 backward and 3 sprints. It was a really good workout.

Stats - 6.62 miles
HR - 135/166

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home