Saturday, July 05, 2008

Back Home and Getting Out the Toxins - Week of 6/30

I am back in Austin and running on the ground again. I was hoping I didn't gain that much weight on the cruise, but I put about 4-6 pounds. Given that I ate about 5 times a day and had a lot of beer, wine, and rum drinks that wasn't so bad. It was a rough week getting back into my workouts. We got home from Miami late on Sunday night so I slept and didn't run on Monday. The rest of the week's workouts are below.

Tuesday - 7/1
I ran at home today and it wasn't so bad. I did an out and back on Escarpment.

Stats - 5.03 miles/42:51/8:30 pace
HR - 145/164

Wednesday - 7/2
I met the Gazelles for fartleks. I was with my group for the warmup, but had to stop and pee so I ended up running an even pace for the 7 mile loop at Lady Bird Lake. I wasn't feeling so well so it was a good workout for me.

Stats - 6.91 miles/59:59/8:41 pace
HR - 139/159

Thursday - 7/3
I met Wish for a couple of loops in the Circle C Park. My legs felt dead and I wasn't feeling too good this morning so it was a really slow pace. This loop is becoming the norm for me since it is warmer now and I am working harder on Wednesdays. The 6 miles are a good recovery distance and I will go back to 8 miles in the fall.

Stats - 6.45 miles/57:33/8:55 pace
HR - 143/164

Saturday - 7/5
I met the group for a long run. Marcy and Brian joined me for a 12 mile out and back up Exposition to 35th Street and across to Shoal Creek. I celebrated the 4th too much at our block party last night and had to deliver a "Whopper" to the poor Burger King on 35th Street. Thank goodness they were open! I felt and ran really well after that. I am getting my mojo back!

Stats - 11.8 miles/1:47:40/9:07 pace
HR - 136/155

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home