Saturday, August 02, 2008

Saturday Long Run

Today was another long run. The Chicago group is up to 20 miles now, but our goal was to do 14. We won't start building mileage for Chicago until mid-September. The route was to go up Exposition to 35th, and then do an almost loop of the ATT marathon course. Brian and I split off from our usual group after about 2 miles and then were joined by a newbie named Wes who is training for his 2nd marathon in San Antonio. We missed the first water stop, but got some on Bull Creek and continued the run. I wasn't feeling so good due to a really sore calf and the heat. It was one of those days where you just want to get it over with. We were passed by the fast folks near the UT intramural fields and continued on. We must have missed the last water stop or beat Gilbert there so we settled for some very warm water at a fountain in front of the capitol. We finished off on the trail with another water stop at Auditorium shores. I didn't have a kick in me today so I didn't do a fast finish.

I tried to do some strides when we got back to the park, but my calf was really tight so I bailed. I saw Dr. Laurie and she did some active release on my calf. It hurt like hell, but will hopefully help me out. We were surprised by a visit from our old friend Henry. He was visiting from his little south pacific island and stopped by to say hi. It was a nice surprise!

After some light stretching I hit Barton Springs with Anne which really felt good on the legs.

Stats - 14.35 miles/2:13:28/9:18 pace
AHR - 137
MHR - 161

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home