Saturday, September 27, 2008

Long Run Through the Hills

Today we hit the hills of west Austin for our back down week. The schedule called for 14 miles, but we only went back down to 16. We went up Scenic to Mt. Bonnell and then went up Mt. Barker for some additional miles. The view from the top were awesome as the sun was rising. There are some beautiful homes up there. We did reverse Scenic coming back except we went across Enfield to Exposition on the way back. I had a good run, but wasn't feeling 100%. I was expecting my stomach to blow, but was very happy that it never did. I picked up the pace a little over the last two miles (8:08, 8:21), but it wasn't really a fast finish day with all the hills. My average heart rate was really low which means I am in really good cardio shape and can push the pace and still be in a good HR range. I had to run to Caroline's soccer game so I missed stretching.

Stats - 16 miles/2:28:30/9:16 pace
AHR - 128
MHR - 157

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home