Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Running

On Saturday we jumped up to 18 mile for Dallas. It was a point t point run from 183/Spicewood Springs back to RunTex using the old Freescale course. I would give anything to run a marathon on that course again. The one time it was a marathon I ran a 3:30 in terrible conditions. As for yesterday's run it went really well. My stomach held together, we had great water stops and I had a fun group to run with. For nutrition my plan was to eat an Accel Gel every 6 miles. I ended up eating the first one at 7 miles and the next one around mile 14. I wasn't really paying attention today, but need to do it right in two weeks when we jump to 20. I think I could have gone faster given my low average heart rate, but since this is my longest run of the year 8:45 was a good average pace. We did pick it up over the last couple of miles going 8:08 and 7:36.

Stats - 18.04 miles/2:37:56/8:45 pace
AHR - 132
MHR - 156

This morning I ran with Carla while the girls biked. I ran really easy for almost 3 miles to get the blood blowing after yesterday's run. I was really stiff to start, but felt really good at the finish.

Stats - 2.92 miles/33:29/11:29 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home