Sunday, December 07, 2008

Weekend Running Activities

Saturday - Last Long Run

Today was our last "long" run for the Dallas Marathon. We did a reverse Scenic route with the finish up the hill to get ready for the hill at mile 19 in Dallas. This run is always kind of like a graduation run for us and does give us a sense of accomplishment. While the race is still a week away, we have done all the work to get us to the starting line and had an incredible journey getting there.

Stats - 11.28 miles/1:38:27/8:43 pace
AHR - 134
MHR - 156

Sunday - Worked the Water Stop at the Decker Half Marathon

Emma and I joined some other Gazelles to work the Gazelle water stop at Decker. This is the first time since I moved to Austin that I haven't participated at Decker and I missed a good day. The weather was perfect! As for the water stop, I didn't realize how much work that goes into one of these. I have a new appreciation for the water stop workers and will definitely throw out more thank yous along the way next weekend in Dallas. Emma enjoyed herself and it was fun to do something with her that is also my passion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home