Saturday, January 31, 2009

Week of 1/26 - 1/31/09 Summary

I am not doing a good job of logging my workouts lately so I here is another recap of the week.

1/26 - Short jog with Carla
We intended to do a 3 mile loop after the race yesterday, but once we started we didn't feel like running and did some run/walk until we got home.
Stats - 1.84 miles

1/27 - I ran with Wish through the neighborhood. We did a loop of the golf course and then did some loops in the west side of Circle C. It was a slow run, but good since my legs are still tired from the half marathon.
Stats - 6.2 miles/57:53/9:20 pace

1/28 - It was cold as hell today with ice. I skipped the Gazelle workout and when I went to run at home I turned back at the end of the cul-de-sac...too damn cold!

1/29 - Another very cold morning with 28 degrees when I went outside. I met Wish for the usual Thursday 8 mile loop. It wasn't too bad once we warmed up, but my hands and ears were really cold.
Stats - 8.2 miles/1:12:43/8:51 pace

1/30 - I ran a couple of loops in the neighborhood out to the HEB and back, and then around Caroline's school for just under 6 miles. I feel another cold coming on due to the cedar pollen...sucks!
Stats - 5.81 miles/51:30/8:52 pace

1/31 - We ran the southern part of the Austin Marathon course today. I ran with Rachel, Anne, and Marcy for most of the way. I didn't feel too good and was just happy to get the miles in. We ran the last couple of miles pretty fast which was good. Running this part of the course sucks as a training run because you have to spend a lot of time of the sidewalk. That takes a lot of concentration and tires you more. Hopefully running on the street on race day will be better.
Stats - 13.94 miles/2:01:28/8:42 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home