Saturday, January 10, 2009

Easy Pre- Race Run

After no running for three days due to the pain in my right foot I headed out for my usual pre-race 30 minute run. The weather did another ugly mood swing on us. It was in the 80s yesterday and in the 40s this AM with a week of colder weather ahead of us. The wind was out of the north and nasty again. I hope it isn't like that tomorrow. I did my 4 mile out and back loop, but made a tweak at the end to get out of the wind. I felt crappy at first, but once I warmed up I felt better. I did a few strides when I got home and did some light stretching.

My foot feels OK today, but I can still feel something in there so I have to b careful with it. Hopefully it holds up tomorrow during the race. The plan for tomorrow is to run 5 miles easy and then run 15 miles at pace. It is going to be perfect weather for me, high 20s/low 30s at the start, and warming up through the race. We will see how it goes!

Stats - 3.79 miles/33:10/8:45 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home