Monday, June 22, 2009

Lunch with Teacher


Today I had the opportunity to have lunch with one of my two favorite teachers from my second high school, Deer Valley High School in Glendale, Arizona. It turns out I was in one of Mrs. Cota's first full time teaching classes 28 years ago...yes I am that old! She retired in May and is out here visiting her son and grandson...two very cool dudes and another area where she did great!

I was in her American history class and she was one of those rare teachers that went way above and beyond the call. She made class fun by adding many outside things to class. It wasn't go read the book and take a test. She made it fun and it took time and effort to make it happen for us. Now that I am a parent, I really appreciate all of her efforts when I probably didn't so much back then. My 90 minutes with her today brought back some very good memories.

Thank you Mrs. Cota for all you did for all the students that passed through your doors at Deer Valley High School!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home