Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Circuit Training in the COLD!

Today was not a good day for running...more a good day for sleeping late. I contemplated doing that when I heard the wind and rain hitting the outside of our house last night. Yesterday was 83 degrees. The temperature dropped like a rock overnight. It was 38 when I left the house and the radio said the wind chill was 30 degrees.

I hooked up with the hearty Gazelles at Runtex for a warm up run to Austin High. Gilbert was waiting for us for circuit training. There were a few new Gazelles including a guy named Patrick who used to train with us at Galloway. He was in for a huge shock! I did my workout with Jay and we were able to do it leisurely and visit a bit. The wind was blowing really hard out of the NW and the day felt like Moto in 2003...not a good day at the races.

Jay and I did 3 of the circuits and then headed back to Runtex. It was a 5.5 mile day between the 3x800 during the circuit and the jog back and forth to AHS. I headed to the AMD gym, did some calf raises, leg extensions, ab machine, and 2 sets of crunches and 1 set of leg lifts in the "chair" apparatus. Gilbert told me to lift weights to keep the strength in my legs that is zapped out during the long runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home