Monday, November 29, 2004

Recovery Run + Many 100s

Today was an interesting workout. It consisted of a 7+ mile run and medium pace and 20 x 100 on the grass at Auditorium shores. I took off a 6AM with Pam. We headed east on the trail across the dam, across the Pfluger bridge and back to the mile zero marker. Pam cut it short and went across the first street bridge. I am fighting a cold, so I wasn't able to pick up the pace as much as I would have liked. I ended up with 7.56 mile - 1:07:58 - 9:00 pace. It felt pretty good considering the 18 I ran on Saturday plus I still had the 20 strides in front of me.

I ran the first few strides with the group and then got the "personal" coaching from Gilbert for the last 7. He was telling me to swing my left arm and lower my shoulders. I tend to hunch my shoulders when I am tired and it caused cramps in my shoulders when I run. The total mileage for the 20 strides plus the jog back to Runtex was 2.01 miles.

So it was a total of 9.57 miles for the day on a warm, humid morning. The weather will be at least 20 degrees cooler tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home