Thursday, December 02, 2004

Fartlek Recovery

Today we did 20 minutes of 1x1 fartleks around auditorium shores. I ran with Margaret, Pam and her friend Katie. It was a cold 38 degrees at the start, but it was perfect weather to run in. Town lake was running strong with fog above the water...it was kind of eery, but cool. It reminded me of my days in Salem running around Minto Brown park or Riverfront park along the Williamette. Minto Brown used to flood during the winter and the Williamette flows strong in the winter.

When we finished the fartlek we did 4x100 strides. That was followed by some balancing drills with Gilbert. These never go well for me. He makes us practice striding which helps with your balance. You need to use your abs and keep your back straight.

When I got to the club I did some ab exercises in the upright chair as well as reps on the leg extension, leg curl, and leg curl machines. My quads were burning but it will pay off on marathon day.

I have gained 3-4 pounds in the last week so I really need to get back on the healthy diet again. It's really hard with the holiday coming!

4.7 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home