Friday, December 31, 2004

Final Very LSR for Freescale!

Today was our last very long run before Freescale that is actually a training run. We have the RunTex 30k in two weeks that will be 20+ miles, but since it's a race, it will be different than a normal training run.

We started at the top of the Freescale course at about 6:15. The goal was to do 22 miles which would include the start and finish of Freescale. We cut out the out and back part on 6th street which is the worst part of the course for me. The weather was really warm, mid 60s, and humid. I wore shorts and a t-shirt for the run. I had my usual Clif Bar and accelerade before the start.

There were 6 of us in our group at the start, but a couple peeled off later near Congress. The first mile was a 9:30 pace then we settle into paces between 8:45 and 9:15 minute miles. There were a couple of anomaly miles due to the traffic lights. We seemed to hit all of them. We got lost near Shoal Creek and added about a half a mile, but it was no big deal. I ate a Carboom at about 10 miles and 15 miles. Gilbert had water about 3.5 miles, but I skipped the gel at that time.

Alex and Sarah, a lady from another group that ran with us, and Liliana pulled away from me going down Pleasant Valley. I caught Liliana near I-35 because her foot was bothering her. I ran to Congress for a total of 22.3 miles and then waited for Liliana and we ran the last .5 miles really slow. I did 12 strides in the RunTex parking lot for a total of 23 miles for the day.

The last 4 miles were 9:02, 8:31, 8:31, and 8:56. I didn't feel as good as my last 20 miler and think it was because I ran hard 1000s yesterday instead of a usual day off before the long run. The weather was also a factor. I was soaking wet with sweat and really thirsty. Overall another confidence builder for Freescale. I know the course really well now and plan to run a great race.

LSR Mileage - 22.3 Miles
Pace - 8:56
Total Mileage - 23 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home