Monday, December 27, 2004

Pace Run

Today was a choice of runs either fartleks or a pace run. Since I didn't do too many pace runs in my training for New York, I chose the latter. I met Liliana and Alex at 7AM at RunTex. It was cold again, but not as bad as last week. The temps were in the low 30s. I had to wear tights, two layers on top and one pair of gloves. My hands were pretty cold, but as the sun rose everything else was feeling good.

I was feeling really sluggish after two days off, but I think it was more because I ate like crap last week and am really feeling it. I could feel the extra weight. We ran a two mile warm up and then took off on the pace run. My running mates were nice enough to let me set the pace and ran with me the whole time. I picked it up the last 4 miles and everyone was pretty quiet. With about a mile to go Liliana and Alex took off. I tried to keep up with them and did a good job of it for the most part. It's nice to have someone to chase. I think it will really help me over the long haul.

Pace Run Mileage = 8.05 Miles
Pace Run Time = 1:05:29
Average Pace = 8:08

Total Mileage = 10.88 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home